Madeley Village Tidy Group

 

Please Do Not Litter Our Village. Respect Others and Your Environment.

Recycling Guide


   

Madeley Tidy Group


If you feel that you could spare a little time to improve our village, please meet us at Greyhound Court on the last Saturday of each month, at 10.00am, for a litter pick.


If you would like to help you can contact:

Sue Machin 751524


The group would like to say a ‘BIG’ thank you to all people who have worked hard in maintaining the flower beds throughout the village. Not forgetting, of course, all the generous donors of money, to purchase flowers and troughs.

If you feel that you could spare a little time to improve our village, please meet us at Greyhound Court on the last Saturday of each month, at 10.00am, for a litter pick.


Madeley Tidy Group meeting 9th. Oct. 2017

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 9th October 2017
 
Present 
Anne Shaw, Phil Shaw, Roy Dutton, Chris Wright, Lynda Berrington.

Apologies
Alan Woodhouse, Helen Dutton, Anne Nicholson, Liz Walklett
Minutes of 11th September 2017
Accepted as a true record;
Proposed by Phil Shaw
Seconded by Roy Dutton

Matters Arising
Anne Nicholson had contacted Street Scene about the litter on Bowsey Wood Road and Bar Hill but has not received any response.
Chris Wright has ordered daffodil bulbs from the Council and will need help to plant them
Lynda Berrington raised the issue of grass not being cut at the entrance to the village by Eternit and the Miners’ Wheel. The general untidy state of footpaths, road gutters and hedges was commented upon.

Treasurer’s report
The accounts show £836.98 however funds of approx. £140 have been reserved for plants and miscellaneous equipment.
PR and Sponsorship report
We have received a donation from the Premier shop which is gratefully accepted.
Offers have been made by other sponsors but this may be contingent upon notice of such sponsorship appearing in the relevant beds/planters. To be discussed further.
Photographs have been taken and included in an article for the forthcoming Parish magazine. Thanks to Phil for his efforts in publicising the work of the group.

Gardening
There are 126.5 hours of gardening logged so far this year. Thanks to everyone. Please let Anne know the hours you are spending on gardening so that an accurate log can be kept.
It was very disappointing to note that some plants had been removed (stolen) from the Miners’ Wheel and Crewe Arms beds shortly after they had been planted. Lynda has replaced them at additional cost and effort.
Having taken on the bed outside the John Offley School this has had a radical pruning to try and establish what plants are there. Hopefully most of the shrubs will start to grow in the Spring. Those that do not will be replaced with more manageable planting. We received a request from a resident to remove a sycamore stump from the Isaak Walton bed. The same resident has planted two rhododendrens in the bed. 
 
Litter Pick
There have been 81 (correction) hours of litter picking logged.
Next litter pick is Saturday 28th October.

Other Business.  
We received a thank you card from Terry and Mary Edmond.
Helen Dutton has arranged the Christmas meal for the 8th December at the Old Swan, Madeley Heath.
Meeting Dates
The next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting and will be at the Madeley Centre (Bar area) starting at 7.00 pm. Please could all reports be submitted to the Chair by Monday 6th November.
 
Gardening Dates
30 th October 10.30 am at the Greyhound bed
Any residual gardening TBA

Meeting closed at 8.00 pm 
Post meeting note: The Isaak Walton bed will need a final tidy up before winter as will the Vicarage Lane once the bedding plants have died back.

Posted in Community, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 11th. Sept. 2017

    Present
    Alan Woodhouse, Anne Shaw, Phil Shaw, Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton, Anne Nicholson , Terry Edmond, Mary Edmond.

    Apologies
    Chris Wright , Liz Walker , Lynda Berrington.

    Minutes of 17th July 2017
    Accepted as a true record;
    Proposed by Phil Shaw
    Seconded by Roy Dutton
     
    Matters Arising
    Anne Shaw had arranged for a visit to the recycling facility but unfortunately the person that this was arranged with no longer works there. Anne will try to re arrange.
    Bins for dog waste cost £350 plus the cost for emptying.
    There are proposals for new laws to come into force later this year. Owners when walking a dog must carry cleaning up equipment or risk an on the spot fine . When walking a dog near recreational areas such as playing fields , football pitches and children’s playing areas they must be on a lead.
    Anne Nicholson to contact Street Scene about the litter on Bowsey Wood road and Bar Hill as well as gutter cleaning .
    Anyone who wishes to report litter can do so with Street Scene. The telephone number is 01782 742500 or email them at Streetscene@newcastle-staffs.gov.uk

    Treasurer’s report;
    The available funds are £875.52
    There will be a cost of approximately £100 for 10 Hi vis jackets.
     
    PR and Sponsorship report
    The leaflets in the local shops have been topped up .
    Photographs have been taken.
    The web site has been updated.
    The minutes of the Tidy group meetings are on the web site.
    Our offer to contribute an article and photographs for issue 10 of the Parish magazine was not accepted.
     
    Gardening
    There are 125 hours of gardening logged so far . Thanks to everyone. Please let Anne know the hours you are spending on gardening so that an accurate log can be kept.
    Chris Wright will order bulbs from Newcastle under Lyme Council.
    Anne Shaw has ordered 245 spring bulbs from a mail order company.
    It was decided to plant some plants in the Offley Arms bed. Alan and Anne have spare plants. Roy has a spare conifer .
    It was decided that the gardening diary was a success, So the idea will be kept for next year.
    The next gardening session will be the school bed And Greyhound on Monday 18th September at an earlier time of 10.30

    Litter Pick
    There have been 85 hours of litter picking logged.
    Nicola from Furness Lane has volunteered to litter pick at Furness Lane and the One Stop carpark .This is a large area so help will be required.
    Consider putting up “Keep your village tidy” signs on flower beds.
    Pat Forster to join the Tidy Group litter picks.
    Next litter pick is Saturday 30th September.

    Other Business.  
    The Tidy group has not responded to the Madeley Parish future plans survey but individuals have. It wasn’t known how the results would be distributed to villagers.
    Terry and Mary Edmond are due to leave the village in the next few weeks. Individuals from the Tidy group presented them with flowers and a present. This was to show appreciation for the enormous amount of work that they had undertaken around the village over the years.
    Anne has spoken to Councillor Whitmore about the geese fouling . She has been assured that action will be taken by the Parish Council.
    Thanks to Helen Dutton who volunteered to arrange the Christmas meal once again. Possible dates are 8th, 12th , 13th December.
    FUTURE TIDY GROUP MEETINGS WILL BE AT 7.00PM

    Meeting Dates
    At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.00
    October 9th.
    AGM 13th November

    Gardening Dates
    18th September …New time 10.30
    2nd October
    16th October

    Meeting closed at 8.30 pm 

Posted in Front Page, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 13th. Feb. 2017

Madeley Tidy Group
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 13th
February 2017
Present
Alan Woodhouse, Anne Shaw, Terry Edmunds, Phil Shaw, Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton ,Chris Wright,
Lynda Berrington.
Apologies
None received.
Minutes of 10th
October 2016
Accepted as a true record;
Proposed by Alan Woodhouse
Seconded by Lynda Berrington
Matters Arising
A plant has disappeared from the Offley Arms bed.
Thanks to Helen for organizing the Christmas meal.
Alan and Anne met with Beverley Sutton and Simon Long from Newcastle under Lyme Borough
council. The meeting was to discus what help was available for local organizations .
There is a project on the 20th March to plant 50 trees in Heath wood .The Tidy group have volunteered to
help. Jan Simpson the Parish clerk is taking the lead .
The Tidy group reserve policy has been formally adopted.
Roy met with Simon Wight who expressed support for the Tidy group/
Future Plans
Replant the Long trough.
Chris to contact Simon Long about details of help available for building bug boxes.
Treasurer’s report;
There is a balance of £948.22
£82.50 has been paid for insurance.
£15.00 to the Auditor.
PR and Sponsorship report
Phil met with Anthea Bourne, the editor for the Parish magazine. She was happy for use to produce an
article about the history of the Tidy group and to supply some photographs. It was hoped this may attract
extra volunteers.
Lynda Berrington gave permission for the magazine to give a brief mention of John Berrington.
Gardening
Anne has put together a diary to help with the planning . The gardening dates are just proposals but it was
agreed that the dates were ok. The gardening is to stay on a Monday as this seemed to work well last year.
The 10th April is a possible date for the re planting of the Long trough.
Phil has volunteered to bring photographs to the next meeting.
Alan has agreed to store the soil improver from the council until required by the group.
Chris has asked for help to tidy the New road bed. This is due to take place on the 27th and 28th February
weather permitting.
Thanks to Lynda who has volunteered to look after the Crewe arms bed.
Anne is looking to source geraniums in bulk. For us to plant later to save on cost”
Any Other Business.
There is some useful gardening information on the RHS website.
Tony Ingram has suffered a slight stroke but is recovering well.
Roy has worked on the Long trough using angle iron to secure the wood. Some tex screws will be
required.
Communities day is the 9th June.
Litter Pick
Anne has apologized for missing the last litter pick. She also informed the group that she will be
unavailable for the next one.
Recycling
Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.
Anne put forward a suggestion about trying to arrange a visit to the Newcastle recycling centre.
Meeting Dates
At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30
13th March,
8
th May
10th July
11th September
9
th October
AGM 13th November
Gardening Dates
6
TH March
10th April
24th April
8
thMay
22nd May
5
th June
19th June
3
rd July
17th July
7
th August
21st August
4
th September
18th September
2
nd October
16th October

Posted in Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group AGM 14/11/16

Madeley Tidy Group Minutes A.G.M. held on Monday 14th November 2016

Posted in Community, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 10th. Oct. 2016

Madeley Tidy Group

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 10th October 2016

Present

Alan Woodhouse, Anne Shaw, Anne Nicholson, Phil Shaw, Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton ,Chris Wright

Apologies

None received.

Minutes of 12th July 2016

Accepted as a true record;

Proposed by Alan Woodhouse

Seconded by Phil Shaw

It is with great sadness to report the passing of Billy Welsh .A great supporter of the Tidy Group. His funeral was extremely well supported and thanks to all the Tidy group members who attended.

Matters Arising

Alan has emailed Roy the Tidy group constitution.

The insurance was last paid in January 2016. (£82.12)There will be a small increase in the premium next year.

Some pupils from Madeley High school did a litter pick today (12th July) and did a great job.

Future Plans

During the next council meeting we could try and find out, who owns the land that the long trough sits on.

The pond dipping with the children from the Meadows school has been thwarted. It was decided to concentrate on litter picks. Maybe bug houses?

Treasurer’s report;

The balance on the 12th October was £1106.21. but there are commitments of £75.49 to remove from this total.

£300 had been received from the Parish council. There was a record on the minutes dated 12th September requesting £750 but there was a limit of £300 which was granted.

It was decided that a reserve policy needed to be adopted. Roy volunteered to work on this.

PR and Sponsorship report

Phil has taken several photographs of the flower beds and has emailed them to Tidy group members.

Gardening

Chris Wright has ordered some daffodil bulbs from the council.

There has been 105 hours of gardening recorded so far.

The lavender in the Offley arms bed has been replaced.

Thanks to Roy and Helen for replanting the Evening Spice bed.

New gardening dates have been added.

Any Other Business.

The Christmas meal has been booked at the Old Swan on the 2nd December at 7.30. Helen said she would email the menu. A £5 deposit was requires per person.

Litter Pick

A total of 81 hours had been logged so far.

Phil asked for a longer litter pick so he could reach into the river.

Anne will write to Simon White to ask about the litter picking scheme that he was going to come and talk to us about.

Dates for litter picks in 2016 are;

October 29, November 26.

Recycling

Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.

Anne put forward a suggestion about trying to arrange a visit to the Newcastle recycling centre.

Meeting Dates

At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30

Dates of the 2016 Committee Meetings are;

November 14th (A.G.M.)

Gardening Dates

Vicarage Lane 17th October.

Offley Arms 24th October.

Long trough 31st October. Replant?

Agenda for A.G.M.

Chairs Report

Gardening Report

Treasurers Report

P.R.Report

Posted in Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 12th. September 2016

Madeley Tidy Group

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 12th September 2016

Present

Alan Woodhouse, Anne Shaw, Anne Nicholson, Phil Shaw, Lynda Berrington. Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton

Apologies

Chris Wright, Melanie Bishop, Sarah Franks, Simon White.

Minutes of 11th July 2016

Accepted as a true record;

Proposed by Phil Shaw

Seconded by Anne Shaw

Matters Arising

Anne Shaw has some spare Hi vis jackets if anyone requires one?

The groups insurance is due and will see a slight increase in the premium.

Alan to email Roy the Tidy group constitution.

Future Plans

Anne Nicholson had been on holiday, so there had been no further developments with the activities for school children.

Treasurer’s report;

The balance on the 31st August 2016 is £925.10

PR and Sponsorship report

It was decided not to apply for the Communities chest this year.

Billy Welsh gave the go ahead to save the £1000 towards building a fund to replace the long trough at a future date.

It was decided to apply to the Parish council for £750. This would go towards £160 for Pond dipping at the Meadows school , £240 for plants in the Vicarage Lane bed.

Roy to arrange a meeting about Tidy group reserves.

Leaflets are being replaced by Phil.

Phil has designed a A5 poster for the shops and the notice board.

It was decided not to ask local businesses for sponsorship this year.

Gardening

There has been 89.5 hours of gardening time logged. Just a reminder that if any gardening is done please record your time and forward it on to Anne.

Some heather has been planted in the barrel.

Phil came up with the good idea of taking photographs of the flower beds throughout the year.

Phil has volunteered to put the photographs onto Face book.

Any Other Business.

It was decided not to order any daffodil bulbs this year. Alan to make enquires about any other bulbs available.

Tidy group Christmas meal. Anne had a menu from the Hand and Trumpet. Phil is going to the try the Crewe arms. It was also agreed that the Old Swan was a success last year.

A possible date is the 14th December.

Helen volunteered to organize the meal.

Anne Shaw let the group know that she was taking the roll of Ladies captain at Onneley Golf club in 2017.This would give her less time to organize the Tidy group so would require extra help.

Litter Pick

Bag ‘o’s have been ordered and given out.

Anne to give Roy the details so that he can order 4 more.

There has been 65.5 hours of litter picking done so far this year.

It was noted that the main road was steadily getting worse. One of the bins had been moved to a new location.

Dates for litter picks in 2016 are;

October 29, November 26.

Recycling

Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.

Anne put forward a suggestion about trying to arrange a visit to the Newcastle recycling centre.

Meeting Dates

At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30

Dates of the 2016 Committee Meetings are;

October, 10th November 14th (A.G.M.)

Gardening Dates

Monday 10th October Greyhound bed/ Vicarage Lane – cut back herbaceous perennials

Monday 24th October Offley Arms / Isaak Walton/ New Road – cut back summer/autumn growth

Agenda for next meeting

Present

Apologies

Minutes of previous meeting

Matters Arising

Future Plans

Treasurers Report

PR Report and Sponsorship

Gardening

Any other business

Litter Picks

Recycling

Dates

Posted in Front Page, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 11th. July 2016

Madeley Tidy Group

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 11th July 2016

Present

Alan Woodhouse, Anne Shaw, Anne Nicholson, Phil Shaw, Lynda Berrington.

Apologies

John Berrington ,Chris Wright, Roy Dutton , Helen Dutton.

Minutes of 9th May 2016

Accepted as a true record;

Proposed by Anne Shaw

Seconded by Alan Woodhouse

Matters Arising

Ricki’s commemorative tree planting ceremony was a great success.

Thanks to Andy Capewells contribution to the Tidy group. He has now emigrated to America.

Trevor and Mary Edmond and John and Lynda Berrington require hand delivered minutes.

The drain by the butchers has been cleaned. Anne Shaw received an email thanking her for highlighting the problem.

Future Plans

Having previously asked the tidy group if they would be willing to fund some school based projects I approached Apedale to see if they were able to lead activities. They were unable to help us currently so I was put in touch with Tim Coggins who leads wildlife projects as a business venture. He is a resident of Madeley and was willing to reduce session rates as we would be working I local schools. These would be £80 per half day session.

Meadows Primary were the first to show an interest and a half day session was booked to take part in pond dipping and bug house making on Friday 24th June. Helen Proctor the headteacher suggested that we take the year one and two to the grounds over the road from the school owned by Eternet, ( they have permission to use these grounds as their own are limited).
I would also help with the session as a CRB cleared adult.
As this date approached Tim contacted me to say that having visited the site at Eternet which would be used for the pond dipping, he decided that it was too overgrown and therefore unsafe for the children to access. He suggested that we re arrange the date for September when he would have more opportunity to clear the site and therefore make it safe.
Sir John Offley have more recently replied to my email to say that they are also keen to arrange a wildlife project within their own school grounds.
Tim is willing to do both seasons but would prefer to wait now until September. The new school year.
Any help clearing the Eternet site would be appreciated. Once I have confirmed the new dates I will let the Tidy group aware.

The Tidy group also volunteered to help tidy the grounds at the Madeley centre .This is taking place next week ( 26th , 27th , 28th July)

Treasurer’s report;

There is no report due to holidays.

John and Lynda Berrington had received some Tidy group correspondence from the bank that had the incorrect address on it . This has now been forwarded to Roy Dutton.

PR and Sponsorship report

Phil Shaw has designed an ‘A’ board to advertise the Tidy group. This has been used when the Offley Arms bed was weeded.

Phil has also uploaded the Tidy group minutes onto the Madeley website.

Gardening

There has been 32 hours of gardening time logged. Just a reminder that if any gardening is done please record your time and forward it on to Anne.

It was decided to change the gardening time to 14.30 instead of 10 .00 to see if this better suited people.

The next gardening meet will be at the Issac Walton bed on the 18th July at 14.30.

Thanks to Terry Edmund for cutting back the trees that over hung the pavements.

The container on Beven Place needs a bit of colour adding into it.

Any Other Business.

Chris Wright is hoping to organize bird box building on the September Madeley fun day.

Phil Shaw,s new neighbor, Tony has shown an interest in joining the Tidy Group.

Litter Pick

So far this year there have been 47 hours logged.

There have been a couple of people showing an interest in joining the group on litter picks.

The Beavers also joined the Tidy group on a litter pick,this proved a great success.

Anne Shaw has obtained a couple of bag ‘o’s which are now been used. It was suggested that a few more be sought.

Anne Shaw is going to order some more high vis vests.

There was an excellent turn out for the latest litter pick.

The bin opposite the chemist has been vandalized.

Dates for litter picks in 2016 are;

July 30, August 27 , September 24 , October 29 , November 26.

Recycling

Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.

An improved household recycling scheme has started. This now includes a weekly collection service.

Tetra packs are recycled at Leycet Lane

Try to recycle the litter pick bottles and cans.

Anne put forward a suggestion about trying to arrange a visit to the Newcastle recycling centre.

Meeting Dates

At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30

Dates of the 2016 Committee Meetings are;

September 12th , October , 10th November 14th (A.G.M.)

Gardening Dates

TIME CHANGED TO 14.30

Monday 18th July Isaak Walton/ John Offley or whatever it’s called

Monday 1st August Greyhound Bed

Monday 15 August Long Trough, Evening Spice , poolside planters and Offley Arms

Monday 29th August Bank Holiday I know but perhaps Vicarage Lane bed? (Or sometime that week)

Monday 12th Sept. New Road and/or Holm Oak Pool

Monday 26th Sept Isaak Walton

Monday 10th October Greyhound bed/ Vicarage Lane – cut back herbaceous perennials

Monday 24th October Offley Arms / Isaak Walton/ New Road – cut back summer/autumn growth

Agenda for next meeting

Present

Apologies

Minutes of previous meeting

Matters Arising

Future Plans

Treasurers Report

PR Report and Sponsorship

Gardening

Any other business

Litter Picks

Recycling

Dates

Posted in Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Madeley Tidy Group minutes 9th. May 2016

Madeley Tidy Group
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 9th May 2016

Present

Alan Woodhouse , Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton, Anne Shaw, Anne Nicholson, John Berrington ,Chris Wright,

Apologies

Phil Shaw

Minutes of 14th March 2016

Accepted as a true record;

Proposed by Anne Shaw
Seconded by Roy Dutton

Matters Arising

There will be a tree planting ceremony to commemorate the memory of Ricki. This will take place at the Madeley centre 21st May at 14.00.

Future Plans

Anne Nicholson has spoken to Pete Wells from Apedale. Who informs us that he is no longer funded so will not be able to help with any projects. Anne has also spoken to Tim Coggins from Bar Hill who has experience with school projects who could help. It was decided that half a day at the Meadows and half a day at the Sir John Offley would be the best way forward.
The Madeley fun day will be on the 10th September .Chris Wright will head a project building bird boxes.
Anne Shaw emailed Simon White to ask about the Communities day.
Anne will also buy some bag o ‘s off the internet.

Treasurer’s report;

Balance at the end of April £1062.00
Minus two cheques with the value of £76.00.

It was decided to set up a fighting fund so that the long trough could eventually be replaced.
Billy Welsh has kindly offered to fund the geraniums in the vicarage lane bed.

PR and Sponsorship report

Phil Shaw has kindly placed labels on all the leaflets with a new telephone number.
An idea of a A board to advertise the Tidy Group was put forward. This could be placed out when any gardening was been carried out. This was thought to be a good idea.

Gardening

There was a very good turnout for the gardening session at the Vicarage Lane bed.
Only Roy Dutton and Anne Shaw could make it to the Issac Walton bed.
It was decided that a gardening event should take place every two weeks whenever possible.
Chris Wright has weeded the New road bed.
All the gardening hours need to be recorded and sent to Anne Shaw when possible.
Thanks to Don Brandreth who has planted up the corner of Cygnet Road at Madeley heath as well as donating the plants.
It was decided not to enter the RHS its your Neighborhood scheme this year. It will be considered next year.
Alan has treated the Long trough with a wood preserver.

Any Other Business.

Proposed meal at the Evening Spice.
Chris and Sue Machin send their thanks for the card and gift.
John Berrington also thanked the Tidy Group for the vouchers.
Thanks to Helen who organized the meal at the Offley Arms.

Litter Pick

A litter bin is required by the New road bus stop.

The next litter pick is on May 28th

Dates for litter picks in 2016 are;
May 28 , June 25 , July 30 , August 27 , September 24 , October 29 , November 26.

Recycling

Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.
An improved household recycling scheme is about to start.
Tetra packs are recycled at Leycet Lane
Try to recycle the litter pick bottles and cans.

Meeting Dates

At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30

Dates of the 2016 Committee Meetings are ;

July 11th , September 12th , October , 10th November 14th (A.G.M.)

Gardening Dates

Monday 23rd May Greyhound Bed and Long Trough (if possible)

Monday 6th June Offley Arms bed, planters alongside the pool and at the Springs and Evening Spice

Monday 20th June Vicarage Lane bed and planter at entrance to the village (geraniums should be in by now)

Monday 4th July New Road bed, possibly some new drought resistant planting ( I know- height of summer!)

Monday 18th July Isaak Walton/ John Offley or whatever it’s called

Monday 1st August Greyhound Bed

Monday 15 August Long Trough, Evening Spice , poolside planters and Offley Arms

Monday 29th August Bank Holiday I know but perhaps Vicarage Lane bed? (Or sometime that week)

Monday 12th Sept. New Road and/or Holm Oak Pool

Monday 26th Sept Isaak Walton

Monday 10th October Greyhound bed/ Vicarage Lane – cut back herbaceous perennials

Monday 24th October Offley Arms / Isaak Walton/ New Road – cut back summer/autumn growth

Agenda for next meeting

Present
Apologies
Minutes of previous meeting
Matters Arising
Future Plans
Treasurers Report
PR Report and Sponsorship
Gardening
Any other business
Litter Picks
Recycling
Dates

Posted in Front Page, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Tidy Group Minutes 14th March.

Madeley Tidy Group
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Monday 14th March 2016

Present

Alan Woodhouse; Sue Machin, Chris Machin, Roy Dutton, Helen Dutton, Anne Shaw, Anne Nicholson, John Berrington, Lynda Berrington, Chris Wright, , Melanie Deacon

Also in attendance were councilors . Billy Welsh , Anthea Bourne, , Alan Rowley and Beryl Ruscoe

Apologies

Andy Capewell, Phil Shaw

Minutes of 11th January 2016

Accepted as a true record;

Proposed by Anne Shaw
Seconded by Roy Dutton

Treasurer’s report;

Balance at the end of February £1128.31.

A big thank you to John Berrington ,who after 16 years of service to the Tidy group has decided to retire.
Two extra signatories will be required

Debbie Burns has volunteered to help out with Treasurer duties if required.

Thank you to Helen and Roy Dutton for volunteering to take this role on .
Proposed by Sue Machin
Seconded by Anne Shaw

Matters Arising

Anne Shaw thanked Sue and Chris for all their hard work over the past 16 years of the Tidy group.
Chris and Sue are moving out of the area so will be retiring from the Tidy group.
Everyone in the group agreed and everyone wished them well.
A big thank you to Anne Shaw who has volunteered to take on the Chairpersons role .
Proposed by Alan Woodhouse.
Seconded by Chris Wright.

PR and Sponsorship report

Thank you to Chris Machin , who has decided to retire after many years of hard work.
Phil Shaw has volunteered to take on the P.R. Duties.
Proposed by Sue Machin
Seconded by Alan Woodhouse.

Helen and Roy have volunteered to take on the Sponsorship role .
Proposed by Alan Woodhouse
Seconded by Anne Shaw

Debbie burns has also volunteered to help if required.
Gardening

The daffodils have been exceptional this year especially around the pool at Holm Oak drive.
The gardening season is about to start.
This years daffodils have been planted mainly up at Madeley Heath.
The RHS its your neighbourhood application is open until 30.5.16. if required .
Ricky’s memorial tree is at Elmside Nursery awaiting planting . Permission required from the trustees .Anthia to be contacted.
Chris Wright suggested a regular gardening time each week, meeting at the Vicarage Lane bed. Starting on Monday the 11th April ay 10.30am. Then the 2nd Monday of the month.

Any Other Business.

A meal has been arranged at the Offley Arms on Friday 15th April.

Litter Pick

A litter bin is required by the New road bus stop.

The next litter pick is on April 30th

Dates for litter picks in 2016 are;
April 30 , May 28 , June 25 , July 30 , August 27 , September 24 , October 29 , November 26.

Future Plans

ACTION . Alan to paint the newly repaired Long Trough with wood preserver.
ACTION. Pete Wells from Apedale to be contacted about Workshop kits for Bug houses and Hedgehog hotels.
Chris Wright to arrange bird box and bird tables kits.
School Liaison –Anne to start at The Meadows school .Helen Proctor 750313
Planting theme for the flower beds. Aim for all year round colour and wildlife friendly ..
Obtain bag-o’s from Newcastle under lyme borough council.
Cut back the grass next to the foot path at the Vicarage Lane bed.
Soil improver required. Simon Long
Roy Dutton has obtained a water 1000ltr container

Recycling

Leaflets are now placed in local shops and on the web site.
An improved household recycling scheme is about to start.

Meeting dates

At the Madeley Centre (Bar area) 7.30

Dates of the 2016 Committee Meetings are ;

May 9th , July 11th , September 12th , October , 10th November 14th (A.G.M.)

Agenda for next meeting

Apologies
Minutes of previous meeting
Treasurers Report
Matters Arising
PR Report and Sponsorship
Gardening
Any other business
Litter Picks
Future Plans
Recycling

Posted in Community, Tidy Group | Leave a comment

Next Tidy Group Meeting 9th May

At The Madeley Centre at 7.30pm.

Everyone welcome.

Please come along if you’re free.

Further info: Annie 750332

Posted in Community, Events, Societies, Tidy Group | Leave a comment